William L. Allen, MBA
Mr. William L. Allen, Jr. is the Chief Executive Officer of ALW Sourcing LLC, as well as its founder, and majority owner. Mr. Allen (Bill) brings a wealth of knowledge, entrepreneurship, and industry experience to his leadership position with ALW Sourcing.
Prior to launching ALW Sourcing, Mr. Allen served at the highest levels of the largest business process outsourcing vendor in the world, the NCO Group, and the most senior African- American in that world-wide corporation. Bill continues to serve as a senior consultant with this largest provider of accounts receivable management services to creditors in the world.
Early in his career, he learned the power of service-after-the-sale, by leading sales, marketing, and operations groups with Mobil Oil. The lessons learned there, a deep respect for the power of salesmanship, the value of a support organization, and his stellar rise with NCO, set the stage for his success with his ongoing ALW Sourcing venture.
A true entrepreneur, Bill lends his acumen to other business sectors, and community involvement is a recurring theme in those successes. Mr. Allen serves as CEO of A Friend of the Family, Inc.; a Delaware-based incubator for alternative learning programs. Through Bill’s leadership, the venture is growing and proves to be a viable business model, giving students, with special needs, a chance to succeed in the face of personal, environmental, and socio-economic challenges.
As a teacher, in his own right, Mr. Allen contributes to his community by instructing seminars on topics including salesmanship, consumer finance, business development, diversity in the corporate environment, and in marketing.
Bill Allen was featured in Business Week for his philanthropic activities supporting diverse communities of special-needs youth, and of African-Americans. Other acknowledgments of his leadership include, feature articles in the Baltimore Business Journal, and JET Magazine.
Along with his co-author, and wife – Dr. Kim L. Allen, Bill recently published a book – “It Flows Through Us”. The book communicates that the concept of “flow” – showing how the power of hard work and giving back – is within your grasp. This “First Little Book, on the Concept of Flow” presents a new dynamic in how giving back – generates great results, and greater happiness. The book was released in Spring 2011, and has tremendous reader, and critical, acclaim.
Bill Allen recognizes, and is excited about being part of, the Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise revolution. His book, “It Flows Through Us”, provides business strategies for individuals wishing to participate in that revolution of Minority and Women Owned Businesses. The book reviews key aspects of starting a new business, and discusses methods for discovering business opportunities, with a final chapter on giving back to the community.
Bill Allen’s book, “It Flows Through Us”, is accessible, and never neglects the importance of work-life- family balance. “It Flows Through Us” assumes, and requires, no previous business knowledge, and is designed for men and women alike.
Mr. Allen’s business and social networks are extensive, as is his contribution to the organizations with which he is affiliated – among them are:
• Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity,
• National Urban League,
• Guardsman International,
• Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity,
• St. Mary’s Villa for Children,
• International Credit Association,
• Treasurer – African-American Empowerment Fund
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Delaware,
• Delaware State University Board of Visitors,
• Advisory board for the Delaware State University Business School,
• Advisory Board Member – University of Delaware Lerner School,
• Advisory Board Member – Hockessin Colored School #107
• Jefferson University Institutional Advancement Board Member
With the courage and energy to take leadership roles in organizations such as these, Bill makes ample use of his talent for communicating complex business concepts clearly, his unswerving commitment to giving back to the community. Bill Allen, along with wife and “It Flows Through Us” co-author, Dr. Kim L. Allen, are lending their actual voices and expertise to improving lives across communities. Their speaking engagements, surrounding “It Flow Through Us”, are consistently met with praise and thanks.
Bill holds an MBA from Drexel University / Russell Sage College with a concentration in Finance. He achieved his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Virginia State University. Bill is married to Dr. Kim L. Allen and they have 2 children, Brittney and Reginald.
• Consumer Credit Counseling of Delaware & of Maryland,
• Assistant Treasurer for Delaware Community Foundation,
• Executive Board Director – Delaware Community Foundation
• Partner & Co-Owner – Allway Partnership,
• Founder of Entrepreneur School of Achievement,
• Founder, Deacon & Core Planner - Caanan Baptist Church,
• Original Member – Fieldstone Golf Club,
• Social Venture Partners (past),
• Board Member - Delaware State University (past),
• Boys and Girls Clubs of Delaware (past),
• Award Recipient – Drum Major Award for “Stop the Violence”,
• Award Recipient – Life Team Achievement Award – Virginia State University.